THE ALL NEW AND REVISED...
This is an edited version of the original Internet post along with other people's additions. Unfortunately, I don't know who it was that made the first version of this game (if anyone knows I would love to meet them). Compiled by Brandon Gillespie email@example.com from posts on rec.arts.sf.starwars
· The Star Wars Trilogy on tape (one movie for a short game)
· An ample supply of your favorite beverage (milk, right?)
· A really good sound system, so the explosions seem to happen all around you. Kaapow! (THX optional)
Begin by inserting your weatherbeaten "Star Wars" videotape into the big slot on your VCR. Dim the lights for dramatic effect, and play the tape. The game begins right as "20th Century Fox" appears on the screen. Once the game has begun, you watch the movie for the listed events. Every time one of them occurs, everybody takes a swig of their drink.
- It's their only hope.
- An entire planet is described as having one climate.
- Somebody gets choked.
- A woman other than Leia is on screen.
- An old Jedi starts to ramble about the Force. (Vader counts.)
- Somebody's hand gets cut off.
- A gigantic technological marvel explodes in a single blast.
- There is a tremor in the Force.
- It's not someone's fault.
- One or more heroes are almost eaten by a Thing.
- A Jedi is much more powerful than he looks.
- Someone exclaims "Nooooo!"
- Someone does something apparently suicidal that turns out to be a good idea
- Drink twice if it's not Han.
- Someone wears the same outfit in all three movies - it counts if they change at the end.
- Someone is mind controlled using the Force.
- People kiss.
- An elaborately made up alien has no lines.
- A good guy wears white or a bad guy wears black.
- Drink twice if a bad guy wears white and a good guy wears black (for uniforms, only the first person on screen counts).
- Drink three times if someone hovering in between wears gray.
- Every time you find yourself talking along with the people on screen.
- Someone, or something, tries to get money from Han.
- Some ship crashes into something after being hit.
- Someone has a light sabre duel (includes just using light sabre).
- An Ewok dies, and the camera lingers longer than it did when the Death Star exploded, killing billions of people. (Fourteen seconds, count'em.)
- It is Luke's destiny.
- Luke whines.
- Luke discovers a long lost relative.
- Luke fights monsters or savages.
- Luke does some nifty acrobatic flip.
- Luke and Lando happen to be in the same place at the same time.
- Drink twice if they speak to each other.
- Luke teeters on the brink of a chasm.
- Luke is upside down.
- Luke's parentage is Foreshadowed.
- Luke refuses to take someone's advice.
- Luke yells "Artooooo!"
- Leia insults somebody.
- Leia wears an outfit that covers everything except her face and hands.
- Drink twice if it covers her neck.
- Drink three times if she's almost totally nude.
- Obi-Wan Kenobi materializes for a guest appearance.
- Obi-Wan Kenobi plays detective. ("...Only Imperial Stormtroopers are so precise.")
- Han brags about the Millennium Falcon.
- Anybody insults the Millennium Falcon.
- Something doesn't work on the Falcon.
- Twice if it's the hyperdrive.
- Yoda uses bad grammar.
- Yoda talks like a fortune cookie.
- R2-D2 gets thrashed.
- R2-D2 plugs into the wrong socket and his head spins around.
- C-3PO loses a body part. (Take two drinks if he is completely dismembered.)
- C-3PO informs us of just how many forms of communication he's familiar with.
- A Rebel pilot is of a race other than white.
- Drink twice if they're non human (co-pilots count).
- A Rebel pilot says "Nice Shot..."
- A Rebel pilot says "I've been hit..."
- Tarkin brags about the Death Star.
- The Emperor cackles evilly.
- The Emperor has foreseen something.
- Vader runs into one of his kids and doesn't recognize them.
- Drink twice if he tries to kill them.
- Boba Fett talks.
- Stormtroopers shoot everywhere except where they're aiming.
- Stormtrooper armor proves useless.
- Any Imperial Ship is destroyed.
- A TIE fighter explodes for no reason.
The game ends when a bunch of Ewoks start dancing. No matter what you've been drinking, you will remember this image. The last person to give up drinking on each cue is the winner. Of course, ties are possible.
If at some point you find that no one can successfully operate the VCR anymore, the game may as well be abandoned.
SPECIAL BONUS GAME PACK!
For those of you who are non drinkers, we present:
THE STAR WARS DRINKING GAME FOR MORMONS
The rules are basically the same as the other game but the drinking cues are different. Drink when:
- Multiple Ewoks are killed.
- Fantastic technology is explained.
- Somebody listens to C-3PO.
- Somebody cares about the environment.
- The Emperor acts like a charming politician.
- A woman is on screen, and she's an Imperial!