What can be learned from the movies
- Large, loft-style apartments in New York
City are well within the price range of most people -
whether they are employed or not.
- At least one of a pair of identical twins
is born evil.
- Should you decide to defuse a bomb, don't
worry which wire to cut. You will always choose the right
- Most laptop computers are powerful enough
to override the communications system of any invading
- It does not matter if you are heavily
outnumbered in a fight involving martial arts: your
enemies will wait patiently to attack you one by one
- When you turn out the light to go to bed,
everything in your bedroom will still be clearly visible,
just slightly bluish.
- If you are blonde and pretty, it is
possible to become a world expert on nuclear fission by
the age of 22.
- Honest and hard-working policemen are
traditionally gunned down three days before their
- Rather than wasting bullets, megalomaniacs
prefer to kill their arch enemies using complicated
machinery involving fuses, pulley systems, deadly gasses,
lasers, and man-eating sharks, which will allow their
captives at least 20 minutes to escape.
- All beds have special L-shaped cover
sheets that reach the armpit level on a woman but only to
waist level on the man lying beside her.
- All grocery shopping bags contain at least
one stick of French bread.
- It's easy for anyone to land a plane
providing there is someone in the control tower to talk
- Once applied, lipstick will never rub
off-even while scuba diving.
- You're very likely to survive any battle
in any war unless you make the mistake of showing someone
a picture of your sweetheart back home.
- Should you wish to pass yourself off as a
German or Russian officer, it will not be necessary to
speak the language. A German or Russian accent will do.
- The Eiffel Tower can be seen from any
window in Paris.
- A man will show no pain while taking the
most ferocious beating, but will wince when a woman tries
to clean his wounds.
- If a large pane of glass is visible,
someone will be thrown through it before long.
- If staying in a haunted house, women
should investigate any strange noises in their most
- Word processors never display a cursor on
screen but will always say: Enter Password Now.
- Even when driving down a perfectly
straight road, it is necessary to turn the steering wheel
vigorously from left to right every few moments.
- All bombs are fitted with electronic
timing devices with large red readouts so you know
exactly when they're going to go off.
- A detective can only solve a case once he
has been suspended from duty.
- If you decide to start dancing in the
street, everyone you meet will know all the steps.
- Police departments give their officers
personality tests to make sure they are deliberately
assigned a partner who is their total opposite.
- When they are alone, all foreign military
officers prefer to speak to each other in English.