Wacky things you can do to keep the office environment on its toes
ONE-POINT OFFICE DARES
· Run one lap around the office at top speed.
· Ignore the first five people who say 'good morning' to you.
· Phone someone in the office you barely know, leave your name and say, "Just called to say I can't talk right now. Bye."
· To signal the end of a conversation, clamp your hands over your ears and cringe.
· When someone hands you a piece of paper, point to it, and whisper huskily, "Mmmmmmm, that feels soooooo good!".
· Leave your zipper open for one hour. If anyone points it out, say "Sorry, I really prefer it this way".
· Walk sideways to the photocopier.
· While riding in an elevator, gasp dramatically every time the doors open
THREE-POINT OFFICE DARES
· Say to your boss, "I like your style" and shoot him with double-barrelled fingers.
· Babble incoherently at a fellow employee then ask, "Did you get all that, I don't want to have to repeat it".
· Page yourself over the intercom (do not disguise your voice).
· Kneel in front of the water cooler and drink directly from the nozzle (there must be a 'non-player within sight)
· Shout random numbers while someone is counting.
FIVE POINT OFFICE DARES
· At the end of a meeting, suggest that, for once, it would be nice to conclude with the singing of the national anthem (extra points if you actually launch into it yourself).
· Walk into a very busy person's office and while they watch you with growing irritation, turn the light switch on/off 10 times.
· For an hour, refer to everyone you speak to as "Bob".
· Announce to everyone in a meeting that you "really have to go do a number two".
· After every sentence, say 'Mon' in a really bad Jamaican accent. As in "The report's on your desk, Mon". Keep this up for one hour.
· While an office mate is out, move their chair into the elevator.
· In a meeting or crowded situation, slap your forehead repeatedly and mutter, "Shut up, damn it, all of you just shut up!".
· At lunchtime, get down on your knees and announce, "As God as my witness, I'll never go hungry again".
· In a colleague's diary, write in : "See how I look in tights".(Extra points if it is a male, even more if he is your boss)
· Carry your keyboard over to your colleague and ask "You wanna trade?".
· Repeat the following conversation 10 times to the same person: "Do you hear that?" "What?" "Never mind, it's gone now".
· Come to work in army fatigues and when asked why, say, "I can't talk about it".
· Posing as a maitre d', call a colleague and tell him he's won a lunch for four at a local restaurant. Let him go.
· Speak with an accent (French, German, Porky Pig, etc) during a very important conference call.
· Find the vacuum and start vacuuming around your desk.
· Hang a two-foot long piece of toilet roll from the back of your pants and act genuinely surprised when someone points it out.
· Present meeting attendees with a cup of coffee and biscuit, smashing each biscuit with your fist.
· During the course of a meeting, slowly edge your chair towards the door.
· Arrange toy figures on the table to represent each meeting attendee, move them according to the movements of their real-life counterparts.
And if that wasn't enough for you, try this…
How to keep a healthy level of insanity:
· At lunchtime, sit in your parked car with sunglasses on and point a hair dryer at passing cars. See if they slow down.
· Tell your children over dinner. "Due to the economy, we are going to have to let one of you go."
· Every time someone asks you to do something, ask if they want fries with that.
· Put your rubbish bin on your desk and label it IN."
· Put decaf in the coffee maker for 3 weeks. Once everyone has gotten over his or her caffeine addictions, switch to espresso.
· Finish all your sentences with "In accordance with the prophecy."
· Dont use any punctuation
· Use, too...much; punctuation!
· As often as possible, skip rather than walk.
· Ask people what sex they are. Laugh hysterically after they answer.
· Specify that your drive-through order is "to go."
· Sing along at the opera.
· Go to a poetry recital and ask why the poems don't rhyme.
· Put mosquito netting around your work area. Play a tape of jungle sounds all day.
· Five days in advance, tell your friends you can't attend their party because you're not in the mood.
· Have your co-workers address you by your wrestling name, Rock Hard.
· When the money comes out of the ATM, scream "I Won! I Won! 3rd time this week!!!"
· When leaving the zoo, start running towards the parking lot yelling, “run for your lives, they're loose!"